Spectrum TV is the tv division of Constitution Communications. It provides a variety of cable TV packages for its prospects, together with methods to observe TV with out cable. Most just lately, it began providing semi-exclusive TV reveals for its subscribers.
Right here’s a have a look at every part it is advisable to find out about Spectrum TV. We’ll replace this text if there are any modifications to its plans and companies.
What’s Spectrum TV?
As said, Spectrum TV is the TV division of Constitution Communications, which additionally provides web entry, landline cellphone companies, and most just lately cell phone companies through Spectrum Cellular. Constitution began utilizing the Spectrum model title for its TV, web, and cellphone companies in 2014. It’s at present the third largest pay-TV service within the US, behind solely AT&T and Comcast. It’s out there in elements of 41 states.
Learn extra: Spectrum Cellular plans
Spectrum TV plans
There are a selection of various plans, each for individuals who have a regular cable TV connection at house and for individuals who wish to reduce the twine.
Cable TV plans
Spectrum TV provides 4 principal plans for cable TV subscribers. All plans additionally permit customers to entry the Spectrum TV app for PCs, cellular units, and sensible TVs, together with 1000’s of free and paid on-demand TV reveals and flicks. The precise channel lineup for every plan could differ relying in your location. Different premium channels could also be added to every plan for extra charges.
- Alternative: Your whole native channels, and 10 extras that you would be able to select from an inventory of 72 out there channels. The plan begins at $34.99 a month.
- Choose: Over 125 HD channels, beginning at $44.99 a month.
- Silver: Over 175 HD channels, together with HBO, NFL Community, and Showtime, together with free entry to the HBO Max streaming service, beginning at $74.99 a month.
- Gold: Over 200 channels together with HBO, NFL Community, Showtime, The Film Channel, Starz, and Starz Encore, together with entry to the HBO Max streaming service, beginning at $94.99 a month.
All of those plans require a set-top field, DVR field, or CableCARD gadget linked to your private home TV. Clients also can entry these channels with the Spectrum TV app. Remember the fact that Constitution/Spectrum additionally provides bundles with web entry, phone, and cellular service for different charges too. The corporate additionally provides cable TV plans particularly for Latino audiences.
Web-only prospects also can subscribe to Spectrum TV Stream, which provides all of the native TV channels and 25 different cable TV channels for $34.99. Further channels can be found for extra charges. Those self same internet-only prospects also can select to select Spectrum TV Necessities, which provides 62 channels, however no native channels, for $14.99 a month. Each of those plans are solely out there to stream on PC and the Spectrum TV app for cellular units and sensible TVs.
Spectrum Information/Spectrum Sports activities
Along with offering cable channels from different firms, Constitution additionally provides its personal programming in sure markets. Spectrum Information provides native information 24 hours a day in 10 US states, together with New York Metropolis. As well as, Spectrum Sports activities operates regional sports activities channels in 4 US states. That features New York Metropolis, the place the channel reveals dwell New York Mets video games, and Los Angeles, which reveals native LA Lakers and LA Dodgers video games.
Spectrum TV app
TV prospects also can entry the Spectrum TV app which permits customers to entry dwell TV channels on their PC, sensible TV, or cellular gadget at house and away from house. Some channels, comparable to native broadcast channels are usually not out there on the app if isn’t linked to a Spectrum web supply. The functions additionally supply full entry to the cable TV service’s on-demand library of TV reveals and flicks. The cellular apps can obtain these packages for offline viewing. Moreover, you possibly can program your private home DVR remotely with the app.
At present, the app’s supported units embrace:
- iOS-based telephones and tablets
- Apple TV set-top packing containers
- Android-based telephones and tablets
- Amazon Hearth tablets
- Samsung sensible TVs
- Microsoft Xbox One consoles
As well as, the cellular apps additionally assist Google Chromecast dongles and TVs, which permit them to forged their apps on these units.
Till just lately, a Spectrum TV app was additionally out there for Roku sensible TVs and units. Nonetheless, in mid-December 2020, Spectrum introduced that it had not been in a position to attain a brand new settlement with Roku. In consequence, the Spectrum TV app was faraway from Roku’s obtain library. Customers who already downloaded the app on their Roku gadget can proceed to make use of it, however they’re suggested to not delete the app from their gadget.
Beginning in 2018, Spectrum TV began exhibiting authentic programming through its on-demand service underneath the Spectrum Originals model. These reveals are semi-exclusive to the service. Which means they both are authentic to the US market or launched first for Spectrum prospects earlier than turning into out there on different retailers.
Record of at present out there reveals
- LA’s Best — A spin-off of the film Dangerous Boys II. The motion sequence stars Gabrielle Union as LAPD Detective Sydney “Syd” Burnet, and Jessica Alba as her LAPD associate Nancy McKenna (two seasons, now canceled).
- Mad About You — Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser reprise their roles of Jamie and Paul Buchman on this sequel to their hit Nineties sitcom (one season).
- Curfew — This can be a UK import sequence. It’s set within the close to future after a lethal virus causes the federal government to impose a 12-hour whole curfew at evening. A gaggle of drivers decides to compete in an unlawful road race. The winner will have the ability to be free of presidency management (one season, canceled).
- Manhunt: Lethal Video games — A docudrama centering on the seek for the person answerable for the 1996 Olympic bombing in Atlanta (one restricted sequence).
- Temple — That is one other UK import sequence. It stars Mark Robust as a health care provider who performs surgical procedure in an unlawful clinic within the London Underground (one season).
- Paradise Misplaced — A gothic drama set in a small Mississippi city, centering on a household that strikes there, as they rapidly uncover main secrets and techniques (one season, canceled).
- Facet Video games — A Spanish-language drama a couple of skilled soccer crew (one season).
- Final Likelihood U (working title) — Courtney Cox will star on this drama, taking part in an educational advisor at a college recognized for its heavy athletics program. The present is predicated partially on Netflix’s Final Likelihood U documentary sequence.
- Tinseltown — Set within the early twentieth century, this drama will comply with 4 feminine filmmakers who wish to hit it huge throughout Hollywood’s silent film period.
- George & Tammy — This restricted sequence will star Jessica Chastain who will play legendary nation singer Tammy Wynette. It should additionally deal with her marriage to a different nation music legend, George Jones.
- Angela Black — This UK import will star Joanne Froggatt because the title character — a seemingly regular housewife who is probably not all she first seems to be.
- Eden — This will likely be an Australian import sequence, set in a fictional oceanside city. It looks as if the right place till a lady from the city goes lacking.
- Beacon 23 — It will likely be a sci-fi sequence set on the fringe of the recognized universe, the place two persons are trapped inside a futuristic lighthouse.
- The Second Wave — A six-episode sequence set in New York Metropolis, the place a deadlier model of the present coronavirus is spreading and forcing its residents to cope with the doable finish of the world.